These are current job listings in our member schools. If you would like to list a job on this website, please send the job advertisement as either a Word file or PDF to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
For a global listing of jobs in geography see the “Jobs in Geography Center” provided by the AAG.
- Temple University, Philadelphia PA. Temple University’s Department of Geography and Urban Studies (GUS) invites applications for two full-time, non-tenure track Assistant Professor positions for academic year 2015-2016, with responsibilities for teaching in the areas of
1) nature/society relations and 2) Geographic Information Science. The initial appointment will be for one year only, but may be renewable, pending continued college-level funding and satisfactory performance. GUS (Geography and Urban Studies) offers two interdisciplinary undergraduate majors in Geography and Urban Studies and Environmental Studies with approximately 200 majors. GUS also offers a M.A. and a Ph.D. in Geography and Urban Studies as well as a Masters in GIS. The positions are teaching intensive. We seek instructors committed to undergraduate education who will be able to teach a combination of introductory and mid-level courses connected with a university-wide general education program and the two majors offered in our department. The successful candidate will be able to teach courses including Sustainable Environments, Digital Mapping, and Fundamentals of GIS. A Ph.D. in Geography or a related field is required by the start of employment.
Please send a letter that addresses teaching and research interests, a copy of your most recent curriculum vitae, evidence of teaching excellence, and contact information for three references to Tycina Cousin, Administrative Coordinator, Department of Geography and Urban Studies, 308 Gladfelter Hall, Temple University (025-27), Philadelphia, PA 19122. Electronic applications are required and should be sent to: email@example.com. Deadline: Review of applications will begin April 1, 2015 and will continue until the position is filled.
Temple University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and the University especially encourages applications from women and minorities.
- Visiting Assistant Professor in Geography and GIS for academic year 2015-2016 at Villanova University, PA Deadline: Review of applications will begin March 16, 2015 and continue until position is filled.
- Geography Faculty at Bethlehem, PA Campus Deadline: March 30th, 2015
- Tenure Track Faculty Position in Geography at Pennsylvania State University Deadline: Review of applications will begin February 27th, 2015, but will be accepted until the position is filled.
- The Department of Geography invites applications for a full-time temporary position in Physical Environmental Geography to begin in the Fall 2015 semester. Ph.D in Geography preferred, ABD in geography within one year of completion at time of appointment required at a minimum. Applicants must have relevant training and two years (or equivalent) of college-level teaching experience. Particular interest is in a faculty capable of teaching environmentally-related courses complementary to our current offerings including Elements of Physical Geography. Ability to teach other undergraduate courses in Physical and Environmental Geography will be necessary to complete a 12 hour per semester teaching load. A successful classroom demonstration and interview(s) are required. Send a letter of application highlighting substantive training and teaching experience and ability. Also, submit a curriculum vitae, transcript(s) of all college-level work (unofficial acceptable while official transcripts are in transits), and three letters of reference to Dr. Steven Schnell, Search Committee Chair, Department of Geography, Kutztown University of Pennsylvania, Kutztown, PA 19530. Deadline: Review of applications will begin March 15, 2015 and will continue until the position is filled. No electronic submissions will be accepted. Kutztown University of Pennsylvania is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer and actively solicits applications from minorities and women. Kutztown University is a member of the State System of Higher Education. The University is located between the diverse metropolitan areas of Allentown/Bethlehem and Reading, and within 60 minutes of the Philadelphia metropolitan area. The University is searching for faculty with extensive experience teaching diverse populations.
- Associate Professor at Penn State University Deadline: Review of applications begins October 17th, 2014
- Adjunct Faculty, Department of Geography and Urban Studies, William Patterson University, beginning Spring 2015. Deadline: Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until position is filled